VITEEE 2018 Application Form has already been issued from 1st Nov 2017. The regulatory body for this university level exam, popularly known as VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE), is VIT University. Students, who are seeking admission in B.Tech Programme run by Chennai & Vellore campus of the VIT University, attempt for this entrance exam to secure their admission. The exam centres are designated in all the major 118 cities across India. The mode of the examination is computer based only i.e. online. The application status of VITEEE 2018 is out now. Read further get complete details about VITEEE 2018.
VITEEE 2018 Exam: Important Dates
Read the below table carefully to be familiar of VITEEE 2018 important dates:
|Application Form Availability||1st November 2017|
|Application Form Filling Last Date||28th February 2018|
|Last date to edit the online application||28th February 2018|
|Slot Booking Starts||3rd week of March 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||At the time of Slot Booking|
|Date of Exam||4th – 15th April 2018|
|Result Declaration||On or Before 25th April 2018|
|Counselling Started||2nd week of May 2018|
VITEEE Application Form 2018
The application form related details are:
- VITEEE 2018 Application Form can be obtained either online or offline mode.
- The online application form is available on the official website only.
- Offline Application form can be attained from the VIT university campus and designated post offices.
- Application forms are available from 1st November 2017.
- Candidates should read the instruction carefully before initiating the application filling process.
- While filling the online application, the scanned images i.e. Photograph (Size: 10kb-200kb, Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) & Signature (Size: 10kb-200kb, Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm) should be uploaded. JPG/JPEG Format is supported.
- The hard copy of the Aadhaar Card is also a mandatory document.
- Candidates are advised to keep the printout of the application form for further reference.
Note: In case, candidates are willing to pay the fee via DD, they have to submit the hard copy of the duly filled application form. The application will be accepted either by Registered Post or Speed Post at the below address only:
Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India
OMR Application form application fee is Rs. 1200 & for Online Application Form, the candidates have to pay Rs. 1150. Candidates can also deposit the fee via Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card or DD mode. No refund requests will be entertained once the fee is paid.
VITEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can read further to check the eligibility criteria of this exam:
- Residence: Resident/Non Resident Indian National/PIO/OCI holder can apply.
- Foreign National Application form is available for candidates with foreign nationalities.
- Age Limit: Candidates who were born on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible.
- Qualifying Exam: 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board is the major qualification criteria.
- Subject: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology must be major subjects in qualifying exam.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have score at least 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST & North Eastern State) in the major subjects.
- Only candidates, who have studied in regular, full-time & formal education, are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from NIOS can also apply.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible.
VITEEE 2018 Exam Pattern
Find below the exam pattern:
- Mode of Exam: Online mode (Computer Based Test) is the only medium of the examination.
- Language: The language of the question paper would be English.
- Question Paper Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked in the question paper.
- No. of Questions: Maximum 125 questions can be attempted in the examination.
- No. of Sections: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology & English are the subjects covered in the question paper.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of 2 hours 30 minutes. The exam will be conducted in 3 different sessions per day.
- Session I – 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Session II – 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM
- Session III – 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: No provision of negative marking will be there.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
VITEEE Slot Booking 2018
- Candidates must opt for a slot as per their preferences.
- Candidates must choose date & batch of the examination while slot booking.
- The VITEEE 2018 slot booking will be subject to ‘first-come first served basis’.
- If any candidate skips to book a slot, the slot will be automatically booked by the University according to the details mentioned in the application.
Note: No changes can be done once a slot is booked.
VITEEE Admit Card 2018
- The admit card will be issued after the slot booking process gets completed.
- Candidates will get the soft copy of VITEEE admit card through official website.
- The candidates will also receive the copy of admit card on their registered email id.
- The hall ticket carries details like admit card number, exam date & time, exam center venue, photograph of the candidate, etc.
- If case of any discrepancies in the admit card, candidates are advised to contact with the university with no delay.
VITEEE Result 2018
- The result will be announced on the official website on or before 25th April 2018.
- No hard copy of the result will be sent individually by post to any candidates.
- Candidates will receive the SMS displaying their rank.
- The merit list will be issued according to the candidate’s performance in the exam.
VITEEE Cut-Off 2018
After the result announcements, the cut-off will be issued by the regulatory body. The cut-off marks help the candidates assume whether they will get admission in the programme of their choice or not. The cut-off refers the minimum marks which candidates have to attain in the exam to qualify the same. The cut-off list according to branch as well as campus will be released by the authorities.
Under the “GV School Development Programme”(GVSDP), VIT University runs the scholarship programme. Go through the below table to know more about scholarships:
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50||75% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100||50% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
VITEEE Counselling 2018
Know about the counselling details with information given below:
- The counselling will be conducted through online mode by the regulatory body. It will start from the 2nd week of May 2018 most probably.
- The candidates shortlisted through entrance exam will be invited for the counselling procedure.
- Seat allotment process is highly influenced by the rank of the candidate in the VITEEE 2018.
- The fee of Rs. 50,000 through DD in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore will have to be deposited by the candidate after the seat confirmation and acceptance of allotted branch.
Raise your query/ feedback in the comment section, our expert will get back to you immediately.