SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form was issued from the first day of November 2017 i.e. 2017. SRMJEE stands for SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination which is a university level entrance exam conducted by SRM University. The concerned university organizes this common entrance test for all its campuses. B.Tech & M.Tech aspirants take SRMJEE test to secure their admission in different disciplines of engineering. It’s mandatory to qualify SRMJEE according to the merit list to get a call for admission into engineering. This blog contains the comprehensive details of SRMJEE 2018, including application form, exam dates, eligibility, syllabus, etc.
SRMJEEE Exam : Important Dates
SRMJEEE exam’s official dates are mentioned below:
|Application form release||1st November 2017|
|Last date to submit the application||31st March 2018|
|Starting of slot booking||March 2018|
|Availability of admit card||March 2018|
|Exam date||6th – 30th April 2018|
|Declaration of result||3rd May 2018|
|Counselling (on campus)||2nd week of May 2018|
SRMJEEE 2018 B.Tech Dates:
|Last Date for Receipt of OMR Application||1st March 2018|
|Slot Booking starts||7th April 2018|
|Exam date||16th – 30th April 2018|
|Publication of Result and Counselling Information||3rd May 2018|
SRMJEEE Application Form 2018
Read the major steps to fill the application form:
- SRMJEEE application form can be filled online only.
- Application forms are available from 1st November 2017.
- Initially, candidates have to register their names to generate login ID and Password.
- The ID and Password are used to login to fill the application form.
- Scanned documents such as colored photograph, signature & 10th & 12th mark sheets need to be uploaded.
- Fee payment can be done through online modes- Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
- Candidates are advised to get the printout of the application form as an acknowledgement.
- The application fee is flat Rs. 1100/- .
- Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking are acceptable to make the payment.
SRMJEE Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The applications submitted by Indian, NRI and PIO & OCI card holder issued by the government of India are acceptable.
- Age: The DOB of UG aspirants should be between 1st July 1997 and 1st July 2002 and for PG courses, DOB should be in the range of 1st July 1993 to 1st July 1998.
- Qualification: Candidate must have qualified senior secondary examination from any recognized board. Appearing candidates are also eligible.
- Subject: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Botany & Zoology (Biology) / Biotechnology should be the major subjects in qualifying exams.
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored 60% aggregate in PCM for Kattankulathur, Vadapalani and Ramapuram campuses and 55% for Delhi NCR campus.
- NIOS Candidates: Candidates, who have completed secondary as well as senior secondary thorugh open schooling from NIOS, are not eligible.
Qualification Eligibility for Other Courses:
For B.Tech Biotechnology/ B.Tech Biotechnology Engineering & B.Tech Genetic Engineering courses:
- Qualification: Candidate must have passed 10+2 or must be appearing in the same exam in the current academic year.
- Subjects: The subjects that are mandatory are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology. For International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma, or A-level with Physics, chemistry, Mathematics or Biology.
SRMJEEE Exam Pattern
- Mode: Entrance examination will be conducted through a computer based test only i.e. online.
- Language: The language of the question paper would be English.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking for incorrect answer.
- Duration: The total duration of the whole exam is 150 minutes.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.
- Question Type: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be credited for each correct answer.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks/Question||Marks|
|Part 1 – Physics||35||3||105|
|Part 2 – Chemistry||35||3||105|
|Part 3 – Mathematics||35||3||105|
|Part 4 – Biology||50||2.1|
The topic-wise syllabus is as following:
Units and Measurement, Gravitation, Mechanics, Ray and Wave Optics, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Electricity and Magnetism, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations and Wave Motions, Atomic Physics and Relatively, Electronics & Communication, Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics, etc.
Atomic Structure, Chemical Families: Chemical Bonding, Periodic Properties, Molecular Structure and s&p- block elements, Chemical Thermodynamics & Energetic, States of matter, Solutions, Chemical Equilibrium, Electrochemistry, Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds, Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Catalysis and Nuclear Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen, Matrices, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Determinants and their Applications, Bio Molecules, Polymers, etc.
Combinatorics, Sets, Algebra, Differential Calculus and its applications, Relations and Functions, Integral Calculus & Differential Equations of First order, Vector Algebra, Analytical Geometry, Statistics and Probability, Quadratic Equations, Complex Numbers, etc.
Taxonomy of Angiosperm, Cell Biology and Genetics, Plant Anatomy, Biotechnology, Biology in Human Welfare, Plant Physiology, etc.
SRMJEEE 2018 Admit Card
SRMJEEE 2018 Admit Card will be issued to the candidates who have properly filled the application form and met the eligibility criteria. Admit cards will be downloadable from the third week of March 2018. Candidates just need to login and download the hall ticket. The admit card will carry the following information:
- Candidate’s Name
- Test Venue
- Reporting Time
The entry without admit card and a valid Photo ID proof will be strictly prohibited in the examination hall.
SRMJEEE Result 2018
A merit list will be issued on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in SRMJEEE UG examination.
A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in the SRMJEEE UG examination. The SRMJEEE 2018 result will be declared via online mode through the website. The result will be announced on 3rd May 2018. Candidates are needed to take printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission process gets completed.