JIPMER 2018 Application Form has been issued now. JIPMER 2018 is a university level entrance exam conducted by Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry– one of the leading medical educational institutions in India. The concerned university organizes this common entrance test to shortlist the candidates for admission into the MBBS programme for 200 seats. JIPMER Karaikal & Puducherry run these programmes. This blog contains the comprehensive details of JIPMER 2018, including application form, exam dates, eligibility, syllabus, etc.
JIPMER 2018 Exam Dates
JIPMER 2018 exam’s official dates are mentioned below:
|Application Form Availability||7th March 2018|
|Last Date of Form Submission||13th April 2018|
|Admit Card Issued||3rd week of May 2018|
|JIPMER Exam Date||3rd June 2018|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of June 2018|
|1st Counselling||27th – 29th June 2018|
|2nd Counselling||25th July 2018|
|3rd Counselling||20th August 2018|
|Final Counselling||28th September 2018|
|Closing of Admission||30th September 2018|
JIPMER Application Form 2018
Read the major steps to fill the application form:
- JIPMER application form can be filled online only.
- Application forms are available from 7th March 2018.
- Candidates are suggested not to make any mistake as they will not be allowed to make any changes after submission
- Fee payment can be done through online modes- Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
- Candidates are advised to get the printout of the application form as an acknowledgement.
- The application fee is Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 800/- for SC/ST candidates).
- There is a 100% fee waiver for OPH candidates.
- Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking are acceptable to make the payment.
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The applications submitted by Indian, NRI and PIO & OCI card holder are acceptable.
- Age: The aspirants must have completed 17 years of age in the appearing year. No relaxation for reserved candidates is applicable in age bar.
- Qualification: Candidate must have qualified senior secondary examination from any recognized board. Appearing candidates are also eligible.
- Subject: Physics, Chemistry, and Botany & Zoology (Biology) / Biotechnology should be the major subjects in qualifying exams.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have obtained minimum 50% marks (GEN), 40% marks (OBC/SC/ST/OPH) & 45% marks (GEN OPH) in PCB.
JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern
- Mode: Entrance examination will be conducted through a computer based test only i.e. online.
- Language: The language of the question paper would be English & Hindi.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking for incorrect answer.
- Questions: There will be total 200 questions in the exam.
- Question Type: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be credited for each correct answer.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Logic and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
|English and Comprehension||10|
The topic-wise syllabus is as following:
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism
- Electronic Devices
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Communication Systems
- Solid State
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds
- p-Block Elements
- Aldehyde, Ketone and Carboxylic Acids
- Isolation of Elements
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Diversity of Living Organisms
- Cell Structure and Function
- Genetics and Evolution
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Section A: Reading Unseen Passages and Note-making
- Section B: Writing Skills
- Section C: Literature and Long Reading Text
JIPMER Admit Card
JIPMER 2018 Admit Card will be issued to the candidates who have properly filled the application form and met the eligibility criteria. Admit cards will be downloadable from the third week of May 2018. Candidates just need to login and download the hall ticket. The admit card will carry the following information:
- Candidate’s Name
- Test Venue
- Reporting Time
The entry without admit card and a valid Photo ID proof will be strictly prohibited in the examination hall.
The reservation scheme for the MBBS programme in JIPMER according to the categories of the students is as below:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||28|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
|NRI/ OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||5|
A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in the JIPMER examination. The JIPMER 018 result will be declared via online mode through the official website. The result will be announced on 3rd week of June 2018. Candidates are needed to take printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission process gets completed.
Get in touch with us by commenting in the below box to clear your queries/ doubts regarding JIPMER 2018.