The dates of MAT 2018 Exam are out now. MAT (Management Aptitude Test) 2018 is one of the most competitive entrance exams in India and considered the bypass for admission into MBA/PGDM offered by leading institutions. The governing body which conducts this exam is All India Management Association (AIMA). 600+ B-Schools in India give recognition to MAT score to shortlist the candidates for MBA. MAT is a nationwide entrance which is conducted 4 times in a year. Candidates who want to be a leader with an MBA degree can apply for MAT anytime in a year. The first MAT exam every year falls in February and then in the months of May, September, and December. This post is the treasure of MAT 2018 Feb exam information.
MAT Admission Procedure 2018
- The shortlisted candidates on the basis of MAT results need to turn up to the next round of selection in participating MIs.
- Candidates can apply in the B-Schools individually according to their MAT score and other preferences.
- Each management institution has its own admission procedure and criteria. Usually, the tests performed for final selection include, GD (Group Discussion), PI (Personal Interview) and WAT (Writing Ability Test).
- The admission confirmation depends on the performance of a candidate in MAT exam and the further rounds.
All the best to all the aspirants! You can raise your query in the comment section, our experts will get back to you asap.
MAT 2018: Important Dates
As we know, MAT will be held 4 times in a year. In the below table, the dates for MAT Feb exam for the academic year 2018-2019 are mentioned:
|Release of Application Form||2nd week of December 2017|
|Last date for online registration||4th week of January 2018|
|Closing date of Online Filling-up/ Purchase of Form:||4th week of January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||4th week of January 2018|
|Date of Examination||3rd February 2018 (PBT) and 9th February 2018 (CBT)|
|MAT Result Declaration Date||4th week of February 2018|
MAT 2018 Registration / Application
- Candidates who are willing to pursue post graduate management courses need to fill MAT application form 2018 either by online or offline.
- Website of AIMA offers the online application form which can be filled and submitted online only.
- The office of AIMA, New Delhi is the right address to get OMR application form along with MAT bulletin after depositing the registration fee.
- Only a complete application form in all respects such as all mandatory information and uploaded signature & photograph will be acceptable.
- Candidates can check the status of their application form after few days of the submission.
The application fee of Rs. 1200/- is applicable on the candidates from all the categories. Fee can be deposited through credit card/debit card/net banking and Demand Draft (DD).
If you want to pay through DD, then you will have to send the printout of application form (filled) along with the valid DD to AIMA, New Delhi.
MAT Eligibility Criteria
MAT 2018 eligibility criteria include the following points:
- Qualification Requirement: Candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline to be eligible for MAT.
- Appearing Candidates: The third year graduation appearing students can also apply.
- No Minimum Marks: There is no obligation of minimum marks in qualifying exam to be eligible for MAT. However, candidates have to score at least passing marks in graduation.
- No Age Limit: No capping on age limit and number of attempts for appearing MAT 2018.
MAT Exam Pattern 2018
MAT 2018 Exam pattern is shown as below:
- Exam Mode: MAT is conducted in both ways- offline mode (PBT) and online (CBT).
- Type of Questions: MAT is an objective type paper with MCQ (Multiple-Choice Questions).
- Number of Questions: There will be total 200 questions in this test divided into 5 sections.
- Sections Covered: Total 5 sections will be there in MAT exam.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the test is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will gain 1 mark for the aspirant.
- Negative Marking: 1/4 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Have a look at the following table to know about the structure of MAT:
|Section||No. of Questions||Time (in minutes)|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
MAT Syllabus 2018
Knowing the syllabus precisely should be the first move of the candidates on the way of best preparation. There would be 5 major sections including Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, and Indian & Global Environment.
MAT 2018 Admit Card
- MAT 2018 admit card can be downloaded from the official website one week before the test date.
- No individual admit cards will be sent by post or any other means.
- All the details such as Candidate Name, Form No, Roll No., Test Date, Test Time and Test Venue Address will be mentioned on the admit card.
MAT Result 2018
- The result of MAT 2018 will be declared after 4 weeks of the exam most probably.
- Results will be announced online only on AIMA website.
- Candidates need to enter their roll no., application form number and the moth of exam to know their result.
MAT Score Card 2018
- MAT score card will be available on AIMA website as well as sent via post to respective candidates.
- The validity of score card will be one academic year for the admission in that session only.
- The duplicate copy of lost or stolen admit cards can be issued in a prompt time.
- Most of the prestigious institutions in India give value to MAT score.