The Xavier School of Management, headed by the Xavier Labour Relations Institute (Jamshedpur) conducts the Xavier Aptitude Test each year. The XAT 2018 is a national level entrance exam. Candidates can seek admission into more than 800 B-Schools with their XAT score which is accepted by all the 800 institutes. Successful completion of this entrance exam, candidates can get admission into the most prestigious B-Schools of the country.
More than 800 institutions use the XAT score to give admission to candidates applying for the course of MBA, PGDM,and many other management courses.
The XLRI Jamshedpur has noted down the following course offerings under the banner of Management Programmes:
- Business Management: (BM)
- Human Resource Management: (HRM)
- General Management Programme: (GMP)
- Global Business Management: (GBM)
The dates for the XAT 2018 have been announced and candidates can find all exam related dates in the article ahead. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on the 7th of January, 2018. The exam is scheduled for the time frame 10:00 AM to 01:35 PM. There has also been the latest addition to the long regime of offline test mode. Now, from 2018, the test will be conducted in online mode. Candidates are also notified that the registration dates have been extended until 15thDecember 2017.
The test pattern has seen a certain changes since the year 2016:
The main paper section that consisted of (Verbal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation) The number of questions in this section was brought down to 78.
Candidates now had 20 minutes extra to complete their exam paper, whereas earlier, they had only 150 minutes to do the same.
Also, to facilitate the encouragement of students to answer more number of questions accurately, each year, the paper is designed as such that the first 100 students will be able to finish the paper in the allotted 170 minutes. The basic idea behind this change was to eradicate low range of marks and encourage students to score well.
Candidates appearing for the entrance exam also have the option to leave out any 13 questions of their choice which they do not wish to answer. If any candidate left out any question beyond the mentioned 13 questions mark, they would start deducting 0.25 marks per un-attempted question.
Also, the exam paper has the provision of deducting 0.25 marks by default is any answer is incorrectly answered. The number of questions in the General Knowledge section was brought down to 25 only. However, the time allotted to answer the section remains the same 35 minutes in total. And the GK section does not have negative marking either. Student gets a bit of breathing space here, between the sections.
XAT 2018 Exam Dates
The exam authority has mentioned the dates for the exam. Candidates can view the XAT 2018 exam Dates in the table given below.
|Notification for XAT 2018 was released on||14thAugust 2017|
|The application process for XAT 2018 Began from||16thAugust 2017|
|The last date for the application for XAT 2018 was scheduled on||30thNovember 2017|
|The last date for late application submission was scheduled on||15thDecember 2017|
|The exam conducting committee will release the admit cards for the entrance test on||27thDecember 2017|
|The XAT 2018 Mock test paper release scheduled on||5thJanuary 2018|
|The XAT 2018 Exam to be conducted on||7thJanuary 2018|
|The council will release the XAT 2018 Answer key, anytime between||15th of January to 22nd of January, 2018|
|The council will release the Exam Result for XAT 2018 on||January 31st, 2018|
|The Candidates will receive their XAT 2018 Score Cards, anytime between||1st of February to 25th of February, 2018|
XAT 2018 Exam Summary
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Exam Type||National Level Post-Graduate Exam|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-based )|
|Exam Duration||Three and a Half Hours|
|Exam Pattern||Objective & Subjective Type Questions|
|Annual Test Takers Each Year||90,000 (Approx)|
|Programmes Offered||BM, HRM, GBM, & GMP|
XAT 2018 Application Form
The application for the XAT 2018 has been extended till 15thDecember 2017. As such, candidates can now apply a certain amount asalate fee.
- To apply, candidates must get themselves registered on the official website of the university as a new user.
- After that, the candidate will receive their XAT 2018 User ID and Password.
- The candidates will also receive a registration link with their ID and password.
- Candidates must click on the link and enter a new password for their account.
- This New login ID will be used asthedefault for all future logins into the candidate’s account.
- The candidates are also required to click on the given link and create a new password for themselves. The new password will be used for all further logins into the account.
- After successful login, candidates will be redirected to the registration page for completion of registration.
All candidates are required to fill-up the following information correctly in their application forms to register successfully-
- All Preliminary Information Including the candidate’s Name, Age, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Category, Phone No, Etc.
- All mailing and communication information including mobile number and Email ID.
- Any reference of previous work experience.
- Educational qualification certificates (photocopy)
- Selection of XAT Test City.
- Candidates are required to upload their passport-sized photographs intheprescribed format. The image upload file should not be larger than 1 Mb.
- Candidates must also upload their digital copy of signature in the prescribed format and size. (size not more than 1 Mb.)
- Candidates must make a payment of Rs.1600 as application fee and an additional Rs.300 for each XLRI course they apply for.
- Candidates applying for this exam can also make registrations with a payment of late fee. The late fee payable stands at Rs.2000 and an additional Rs.500 per XLRI course taken by the student.
Mode of Payment:
- Candidates can make payment for the application form and late fee through online mode. Candidates can choose to make the payment through net banking, credit card, debit card, etc.
- Candidates can also make cash payment for the application form and late fee. For that, they must get a print out of the pay-in-slip or visit any of the nearest IDBI bank Branch.
- Candidates can also make payment for the application form through a Demand Draft. The Demand Draft needs to be drawn in favor of “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” which shall be payable at Jamshedpur.
All applying candidates paying through DD must post the DD to the address given below:
‘The Chairperson Admission,
XLRI, Circuit House Area (East),
Jamshedpur – 831001’
XAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The council conducting the exam has mentioned the eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to apply for the entrance exam. The eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- All applying candidates must be recognized bachelor’s degree holders from reputed colleges/ universities.
- They must have completed their bachelor’s degree intheequivalent discipline or in any discipline.
- All final year students who are appearing for their exams are eligible to apply for the XAT 2018 as well.
- Any candidate who has a minimum work experience of three years will be given preference for the Global Business Management Programme under XLRI.
- All NRI and Foreign National Candidates can apply through their GMAT scores.
XAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The XAT 2018 will be an online computer based test. All candidates will get a total of 3.5 hours to complete the test. Up until the previous year, the test was conducted in offline mode, but the provisions have changed since 2018. The exam pattern is mentioned below.
Parts- The XAT exam paper is divided into two parts; Part 1 and Part 2. Part 1 has a whole lot of objective type questions, and Part 2 has a combination of both objective and subjective type questions.
Sections- Part 1 includes: Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Decision Making, Verbal& Logical Ability. Part 2 includes General Knowledge and Essay Writing. (Here candidates are required to write an essay on a given topic)
Number of Questions- The paper has a total of 72 objective type questions under Part 1. Part 2 of the paper has 25 objective type questions and one essay type question.
Marking Scheme- Each question carries one mark, and for each incorrectly answered question, the paper deducts 0.25 marks.
XAT 2018 Admit Card
The Admit Cards for the XAT 2018 have been released by the officials of the entrance exam. Candidates can now download the admit cards from the official website of XLRI.
To download the Admit Cards, candidates must follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of XAT 2018
- Click on the tab saying ‘download admit card’
- Enter secure credentials and hit submit
- Download the admit card
- Get a printout of the admit card
Candidates are suggested to cross-check the admit cards for any kind of error. Upon finding any error, they must report the same to the exam conducting authority immediately.
XAT 2018 Result
The XLRI will release the results for the XAT 2018 on 31stJanuary 2018. All those candidates who are appearing for the test can check their results from the official website of XLRI. Candidates can view and download their results from the website by logging into their accounts. To log into their accounts, candidates must make use of their login credentials, given to them at the very beginning of the registration process.
Candidates must follow the steps mentioned below to check their Result:
- Visit the official website : http://www.xatonline.in/
- Click on XAT 2018 Result tab
- Use their login credentials to access their accounts
- View and download results upon preference
- Get a printout of the result for further preferences