Sri Krishnadevaraya University on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education conducts the AP LAWCET Entrance Exam every year during the month of April, for taking admissions into the three years and five-year LLB, BL programmes offered by the law colleges in Andhra Pradesh. The state-level undergraduate law entrance exam was conducted online for the first time by the university in 2017. More than 32 colleges take part in the admission process of AP LAWCET, where more than 8000 seats are made available for students who are interested in joining integrated LLB and LLM courses. All candidates who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree in law at the state colleges of Andhra Pradesh are required to apply for the admission process of the same through the AP LAWCET.
AP LAWCET 2018 Important Dates
|Notification release||Feb 4th Week, 2018|
|Beginning of online application||Last week, Feb 2018|
|Last date for submission without late fee||3rd Week, March 2018|
|Last date for submission with Rs. 500 late fee||4th Week, March 2018|
|Last date for submission with Rs. 1000 late fee||Last Week, march 2018|
|Last adte for submission with Rs. 1500 late fee||1st Week, April 2018|
|Last date for submission with Rs. 5000 late fee||2nd Week, April 2018|
|Admit card release||1 or 2 Weeks prior to Exams|
|Exam date||3rd Week, April 2018|
AP LAWCET Application Form
The university under the state of Andhra Pradesh discharges application forms for the AP LAWCET vie the web-based mode, during the month of February, every academic year. Candidates need to make sure that they fill in all the necessary details before they begin filling up the forms for the entrance test.
- The candidates need to fill in the correct information details that include parent’s name, the name of the candidate, mobile number, and registered email id.
- Next, the candidates need to select an examination center of their own choice according to their ease.
- All applying candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs. 700 for the same.
- The application fees can be paid though Andhra Pradesh online payment options like credit card/debit card etc.
- All candidates should keep this in mind that the application forms are to be submitted before the end of the last day, and failure to do so will result in charging of additional fees by the university.
- In the final step, the candidates who have successfully made the payment and registered will be granted with a registration id that will hold crucial importance for the candidate during the rest of the registration process.
AP LAWCET Eligibility Criteria
To appear for the AP LAWCET, the candidates should fulfill the below-mentioned criteria-
- The applying candidate should be a citizen of India and should also qualify for the non-local and local residential criteria laid out by the official body for the same.
- Candidates seeking admission into the three-year LLB programme should have completed their graduation from a reputed institution and also should have secured at least 45 percent aggregate marks.
- Candidates willing to pursue the five-year LLB course must have passed the class 12th at a minimum. Their minimum score in the same exam should not have been less than 45 percent.
- For any candidate who wishes to seek admission into the five-years BL/LLB programme, the minimum age of the candidate needs to be 22 years at the time of admission.
AP LAWCET Exam Pattern
All candidates who will be appearing for the entrance exam should know this that the exam will be based on objective type questions. Telugu and English will be the dominant language in the exam paper which will contain a total number of 120 questions. Each correct answer will fetch marks to the candidates, and there will be no negative marking for any wrong answers. The exam will continue for a duration of one and a half hour.
Exam Paper Pattern
|GK & Reasoning Skills||30|
|Aptitude for study of law||60|
AP LAWCET Exam Centers
The AP LAWCET usually has its exam centers all across various cities in the state of Andhra. Some of the likely(tentative) exam centers are-
AP LAWCET Admit Card
Admit cards for the AP LAWCET are usually released during the second week of April. All applying candidates who wish to can download their admit cards from their respective login accounts that have been given to them by the university during their registration. The admit card consists of the application number and the name and other details of the candidate. Coincidentally, the admit card also works as the hall ticket for the candidate which includes the name of the exam center, the time of the exam and the roll number of the candidate.