GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is the gateway to PG course, which is conducted on a national level for admission in the streams of engineering & technology. 13th November 2018 is a crucial date for GATE aspirants as they can make corrections in the examination city from this date. IITs, IISERs, and IISC offer admission in M.Tech/PhD programs through GATE score. The seven zones of IITs and IISC conduct the GATE exam every year rotation wise. According to the same hierarchy, GATE 2018 Exam will be organized at IIT, Guwahati. The private and government run organizations also ponder over GATE score of a candidate for recruitment. This information is intended to educate the readers about the comprehensive details of GATE 2018 Entrance Examination.
GATE 2018 Exam Date
Have a look at below table to be informed about GATE 2018 Exam Date:
|Online Application Form Issue||1st September 2017|
|Deadline for Application Form Submission||9th October 2017 (Extended)|
|Last Date for modifying Gender, Category & PwD status||28th October 2017|
|Exam city correction||13th – 17th November 2017|
|Admit Card||5th January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Exam Date||3rd, 4th February & 10th, 11th February 2018
(Morning: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)
|Answer Key Released On||Within a week after examination|
|Result Announcement||17th March 2018|
|Score Card Download||Last week of March 2018 to Last week of May 2018|
|Beginning of Counselling Session||Second week of April 2018|
GATE 2018 Application form Correction
From 13th November 2017 to 17th November 2017, the candidates can login through GOAPS to make changes in the exam city selected formerly. The fields which can be modified are limited in GATE 2018 application form. You can now make a request if any correction is needed in your application form. An application form can only be corrected if is submitted successfully. If a candidate commits a mistake while submitting the application form, he/she can write a mail to the authority with subject line “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” along with the attachment of a document testifying the same.
The fields which can be modified in the form are:
- Candidate’s Name
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Category Status from Gen to OBC/ OBC to General
- Passing Year of Qualifying Degree
GATE Registration 2018
Have a quick look of the GATE 2018 details:
- GATE 2018 Application Form is available online only
- The interested candidates started registering from 1st September 2017
- Registration last Date was extended till 9th October 2017
- GATE 2018 application form is filled through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
- The candidates initiate the registration as a “New User”
- GOAPS access is allowed after the successful registration
- No email address or mobile no. verification is needed to submit the application form
- Using GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password, aspirants can login their account
- Photograph, signature, degree certificate or category certificate need to be scanned and then uploaded in the defined format
- Online fee payment is acceptable before the last due date for fee deposit
- Email and mobile number is done later while logging into GOAPS
- Printout of the application should be kept by the candidates for further reference
Fee for GATE Registration
E-challan, Net banking and Debit/ Credit cards are the mediums for fee payment. Please find below the details of GATE 2018 registration fee:
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
GATE Eligibility Criteria
Go through below mentioned details to know everything about the GATE eligibility criteria:
|Qualification Required||Description about the Qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Final year examination pursuing or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA or
|Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2018|
|4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated
B. S./M. S. program
|Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional
Remarks: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Post-graduate (M.Sc.) degree in any relevant science subject is the eligibility criteria for international students. Students should upload their proof of eligibility while filling the application form. Students passed the degree in 2017 can verify the same with degree certificate/provisional certificate. Other candidates need to upload the certificate issued by Principal/head of the institution
GATE Exam 2018 Pattern
Run your eye-balls below to have details of GATE exam pattern:
- IITs, IISc and various other renowned institutions offer admission in M.Tech./Ph.D. programme through GATE score
- of Papers: There are total 23 papers wherein aspirants are allowed to appear in only one.
- Mode: examination will be conducted online only.
- The duration of the exam will be 180 minutes (3 hours)
- GATE 2018 Exam Paper will contain total 65 questions and maximum marks will be 100
- Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT) will be asked in GATE Examination. All the MCQs will appear with 4 choices, 1 out of them will be right. Optional choice will not be available for answering NAT. Virtual Keypad will be provided to the students to enter real numbers for answering the NAT questions.
- Common Sections in All GATE Papers: There will be 23 papers, but the General Aptitude (GA) section will be common in all the papers. The GA Test will include 150 questions.
- Inclusion of New Section: New section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences will now be the part of XE paper from the year 2017.
- Marking Scheme: 1 or 2 marks are maximum entitled to MCQ & NAT questions in all the papers.
- Negative Marking: 1/3rd marks from the question carrying 1 mark will be deducted if answered wrongly. Likewise, 2/3 will be deducted if a question with a weightage of 2 marks is answered wrongly. NAT questions are free from the effect of negative marking.
Exam Pattern for All Papers (GG, XE, XL Excluded)
- 25 questions of 1 mark each.
- 30 questions of 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XE:
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory Section) – Total 11 questions will be asked. 7 questions of 1 mark each and 4 questions of 2 marks each. It is common to all candidates.
- Any two of XE sections from B to H – 22 questions. 9 questions carrying 1 mark and 13 questions carrying 2 marks.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XL:
- Section P – Chemistry (compulsory section) – It contains total 15 questions (5 questions of 1 marks and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- Any two of XL sections Q to U – Total 20 questions (10 questions of 1 mark each and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper GG:
- Part A – 25 questions of 1 mark each. This part is common for all candidates.
- Part B – 30 questions of 2 marks each. This part has two sections, section-1 is of Geology and section-2 is of Geophysics.
- 10 questions from GA.
GATE Virtual Calculator
GATE virtual calculator refers to an online calculator equipped with all functionalities to solve all the calculation purposes. While conducting the GATE online exam, the access to virtual calculator is allowed for the aspirants. Physical calculators are strictly prohibited in the exam hall. Virtual calculator will be of great help while solving Numerical Answer Type Questions.
You know that there are 23 papers in GATE. Every discipline has different syllabus. One must know each and every topic from where the question maybe asked for an all-round preparation. GATE has a vast syllabus which can’t be described in few words. Students are recommended to download the GATE syllabus PDF from the official website where they can find the segregated syllabus for separate subjects.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
Use your GOAPS login credentials to download your admit card. No admit card will be sent via email or post individually. GATE 2018 Admit card for download will be available from 5th January 2018 onwards. Along with the hard copy of Admit Card, students also need to carry their ID proof in the exam hall.
Valid ID Proofs include:
Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, Valid College ID, Employee identification card or Driving License. From international students, only valid Passport/ Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID will be accepted as ID proof.
GATE 2018 Answer Key
GATE 2018 Answer key will be issued by the regulatory body after the exam gets over. The tentative time for exam completion is second week of February 2018. Candidates from different disciplines will get the discipline-wise answer key. The provision of Answer Key Challenge will also be available by paying a minimal challenge fee.
GATE 2018 Result
Use your GOAPS login credential to fetch the results from the official website of GATE. 17th March 2018 is the most probable date for result announcement. The candidates who obtain more than or equal to the cut-off marks can download their score card after the announcement of result.
GATE 2018 Score Card
The GATE score card is issued for the qualified candidates and its validity is of three years from the result declaration date. The performance of a candidate can be assessed through score card. GATE 2018 Score cards will be available for download from the last week of March 2018.
GATE 2018 Cut Off
GATE cut off marks indicate the score required by a candidate to secure admission into IITs and IISc. This is the determining factor for a candidate’s eligibility for the admission. Cut off marks are issued separately for different streams and categories. Reserved candidates get benefit with lower cut off marks as compared to the aspirants who belong to non-reserved quota.
GATE 2018 Counselling
IITs conduct separate counselling for offering admissions to PG courses. Hence, students need to register differently to IITs for counselling once the admission notification is announced. Admission into M.Tech. / M.Arch./ M.Plan is offered through centralized counselling by NITs. NITs repeat this common counsellling session every year. However, counselling solely depends on how much a candidate scores in GATE.