JNU stands for Jawaharlal Nehru University; this is the most ancient University in India, and it was founded on 22 April 1969. It has ranked in the QS World University Ranking. Social Science is most famous in the research field attempted by the aspirants here. JNU has received the Award for Higher Education in 2016. Every year, in large number, students from India as far as across the globe, apply for the JNU Entrance Exam to get admission into various programs offered here.
If you’re planning to take admission in any of the courses run by JNU, you must have a good understanding of Admission Process. We are going to provide the complete information which will help you take admission in JNU.
After reading this article you will have deep knowledge of:
- Application Form/Fee
- Eligibility Criteria
- Important Dates
- How to Apply for Entrance Exam
- Admit card
|Online Application Released||3rd week of March 2018|
|Online Application Filling Last Date||1st week of April 2018|
|Application Correction||2nd week of April 2018|
|Date of Exam||3rd week of May 2018|
The application process will start from February 2018; you can fill the application form either by online or offline mode. The online application process will end on March 2018; the offline process will end in the 1st week of March 2018.
If you want to register yourself, you need to login into the official website “https://admissions.jnu.ac.in/” of JNU and click on new registration. Now open the application form and fill all the required details. You need to upload your recent photograph & signature in JPG format. The resolution of the photograph should be 150/200 pixels and size must be 20-50 kb.
You should check properly all the details you filled in the form before submitting the details. Once you submit the application, you should take the printout of your application form for future reference.
You can pay the fee by online (through debit/credit card net banking from SBI) or offline through Challan.
Let’s know what the application fee is:
- For 1st & 2nd year and all part-time courses- Rs. 430/- for general category, Rs. 250 for OBCs & Rs. 215/- for SC/ST.
- For M.Phil/ M.Tech/ MPH/Pre-PhD/ Phd, M.A, M.Sc, MCA – Rs. 220/- for general applicants, Rs. 130/- for OBC and Rs. 110/- for SC/ST
Before applying for the entrance exam, you must check if you are eligible for the same or not.
- For BA1st Year Course: You must have cleared 10+2 with at least 45% marks.
- For BA 2nd Year Course: You must have completed the 1st year of bachelor degree.
- For MA Course: You must have completed bachelor degree with minimum 50% marks.
- For MCA Course: You must have attained BCA or B.Tech degree with the subject of mathematics in 12th with 55% marks.
How to Apply for the Entrance Exam
Online application form 2018:
- Visit the official website http://www.jnu.ac.in/.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Read all the important points for online application form.
- Click on “I Accept Apply Online”.
- Afterward, you need to fill the registration formalities & you have to click on the “Register Now” button.
- Then, you should fill your personal, address & qualification details.
- Upload your photograph & signature in a JPG format only.
- After that, you have to make payment through online mode.
- Afterward, hit on “Submit” button.
The Applicant must not be less than 17 years.
Anyone can apply whether from India or from a foreign country.
For admit card, you need to visit the official site of JNU. You can download the admit card using JNU’s official website.
Results are the most awaited moment after giving the examination. You can get the update about your result through official site http://www.jnu.ac.in/ you need to keep on checking the site to get the examination result.
We would like to tell you that there is no procedure of counseling at JNU; yes, there is a separate merit list of the applicants that will be released after the result declaration for admission by July 2018. We hope you must have got ample knowledge about the admission process and other essential information.