Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET 2018) is organized by the JKBOPEE (Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations). JKCET 2018 is a state level entrance exam conducted for admission in engineering and architecture (B.Tech. & B.Arch.) Programmes. This exam is conducted once in a year. Many of the students appear for this exam. These courses are offered by the various government and private colleges in Jammu & Kashmir. Other information regarding JKCET 2018 is given below:
Tentative Dates of JKCET 2018:
Candidates can check the tentative date of JKCET 2018 given below:
Starting date of the application form 3rd week of January 2018
Last date of application form 4th week of February 2018
Admit card download Last week of April 2018
Tentative exam date of JKCET 2018 2nd week of May 2018
Result Declaration 4th week of May 2018
Counseling phase 1st week of July 2018
JKCET 2018 Application Form
All candidates are requested to download the information brochure and read it wisely before filling up the JKCET 2018 application form. Instructions are given as below:
- Candidates can register them for an exam through online mode only.
- Offline application is not valid for registration in JKCET 2018.
- Starting date of online application form is 3rd week of January 2018 and candidates can fill up the application form till the 4th week of February 2018.
- Upload scanned images of the photograph, signature, and thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- The maximum size of a photograph is 500 kb and 200 kb for signature/thumb impression.
- Candidates have to upload copies of permanent residential certificate, marks certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- After completion of an application process, a candidate may take a hard copy of a filled application for the future process.
JKCET 2018 Application Fee
- After submitting the online application, candidates have to pay Rs.800/- application fee for all categories.
- Candidates can make payment through HDFC integrated payment with any national credit/debit card.
- Candidates can pay the fee through bank challan from any branch of HDFC bank and J & K Bank.
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria for the application form before applying for the JKCET 2018 exam from given below:
- Candidates should have permanent residency of Jammu & Kashmir state.
- The age of the candidate should complete 17 years on or before 31st December 2018.
- Candidates should complete 10+2 or equivalent examination from J & K education board or any other recognized board.
- Candidates should secure minimum 50% marks in qualifying exam (40% marks for reserved categories).
- For engineering program, candidates have to complete their qualifying examination with PCM and English subjects.
- Appearing candidates are eligible to apply for JKCET 2018.
JKCET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern will consider the following points:
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode i.e. paper and pencil mode.
- The examination will consist two papers of group PCM and PCB.
- 60 questions will be asked in the examination per subject.
- The questions will be of multiple-choice questions.
- One mark will be given for each correct answer. 0.25 marks will be deducted for a negative answer to any question.
- Candidates want to appear in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics they can apply for it.
- Consider below pattern for question paper:
Subjects Maximum marks Duration of exam
PCM & PCB 120 2 Hours
PCB 60 1 Hour
PCM 60 1 Hour
The syllabus of JKCET exam will be prescribed as syllabus in 11 & 12th exam. Students can refer Physical, Biology, mathematics and chemistry subjects for preparation of JKCET exam.
There are some reserved seats for different category:
Other Backward class 25%
Scheduled caste 8%
Scheduled tribe 11%
Children of defense personnel 3%
Sports quota 2%
JKCET Admit Card 2018
The admit card details are given below:
- Admit card is mandatory to enter the examination hall.
- Candidates can download their admit card from the last week of April 2018 through an official website.
- The admit card will contain details of venue, exam date, exam time, category, the name of a candidate, etc.
- The candidate has to paste their photograph on admit card compulsory.
- If they have the valid card, then the only candidate will allow appearing in an exam of JKCET 2018.
- The candidate has to keep admit card with them, till admission process will be completed.
JKCET 2018 Result
Candidates can get their result before the 4th week of May 2018. Candidates have to select their course for which they applied and their enrollment number for downloading scorecard. Based on candidates’ score, merit list will be generated for the counseling procedure.
JKCET 2018 Counseling
Candidates should submit counseling form for B.Tech. / B.Arch. Courses at the time of counseling. Candidates have to come with their original documents and Rs.500/- fee of counseling. In the leading newspaper of J & k, notification of counseling will be given. Candidates have to select the college and programs according to their priority.
Check the official website of JKCET 2018 for more details.