The Indian Maritime University holds the all India online common entrance test known as Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test. It stands as the central university that was founded in the year 2008. The university conducts the admission for undergrad & postgraduate programmes under the domain of Marine. The University offers B.Sc, B.Tech, MBA, and M.Tech in the marine field provided by the primary campus and its associated colleges. Candidates may get the details about IMUCET 2018 including counseling schedule, procedure, admission process. The Indian Maritime University came into existancve through an Act of Parliament (Act 22) on 14th November 2008 as a Central University and is poised to play a key role in the development of trained human resource for the maritime sector. 14th November is celebrated as ‘IMU Day’ every year.
The courses offered for the scholastic year are as per the following the list contains the names of the undergrad courses as well as postgraduate courses being offered for this present year. The Indian Maritime University provides the following Programs:
- 4 Year B. Tech (Marine Engineering)
- 4 Year B. Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- 3 Year BBA (Logistics, Retailing, and E-Commerce)
- 3 Year B. Science (Maritime Science)
- 3 Year B. Science (Nautical Science)
- 3 Year B. Science (Ship Building & Repair) – Available only in affiliated Institutes.
- 1 Year Diploma in Nautical Science
- 2 Year M.Tech (Marine Technology and Management)
- 2 Year M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- 2 Year M. Science (Commercial Shipping and Logistics)
- 2 Year MBA (Port and Shipping Management)
- 2 Year MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management)
- 2 Year M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
Postgraduate Diploma Courses
1year postgraduate diploma in marine engineering is also available for students to opt for.
The IMU CET Application Procedure
Applicants need to apply online www.imu.edu.in. The Indian Maritime University has been leading Online CET from 2017 onwards. All of the phases from application to discharge of results are presently on the web.
The accompanying facilities have been made accessible:
- Online Registration of Applicants with the office to transfer photos, examined marks, checked duplicates of the tenth standard score sheet as well as confirmation of Date of Birth, and copies of the SC/ST authentication.
- For Online Registration, candidates should visit the site of the Indian Maritime University at www.imu.edu.in and tap on the given link.
- Facility for candidates to download their Admit Cards with the name of the Test Venue is shown on it.
- Computerized messages/SMS will be sent to each enlisted candidate on successful enrollment of Application, transferring of Hall Ticket, production of results, and so forth.
THE CET Application Fee
1.Rs.1000/ – for General candidates and Rs.700/ – for reserved class with – Bank Challan Form will be filled on the web and applicants need to enter all of their bank details there itself.
2.Connection for filling structure will be accessible at the IMU online portal. At last, the applicants need to enter the bank details and process the payment.
3.All paperwork should be put into an envelope and should be sent to Admission Cell, Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai-600119.
Age Limit For Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test(IMU CET)
Age of the candidates on the date of 1st July, of the selection year, shall be:
- Minimum age has to be 17 years
- Maximum age has to 25 years.
- General candidates – 15% Quota
- Other Backward Caste candidates – 27%
- Scheduled Tribes – 7.5%
- DA candidates – 3%
(Candidates who are applying for the reserved category segment should have valid caste certificate as per Govt. of India)
Physical Fitness Requirements
Applicants who are applying for any one of these courses need to consent to the medical benchmarks of D.G. Shipping, and they need to experience a medical exam, before showing up for the counseling. A candidate can go through the recent rules about medical measures at www.dgshipping.com.
Eyesight Requirement & Tests
For DGS-affirmed courses like DNS prompting B.Sc (Applied Nautical Science), B.Sc (Nautical Science), B.Tech (Marine Engineering) and B.Sc (Maritime Science) there should not be any level of squint or any dreary state of eyes or of the eyelids that results in disturbance or repeat.
Candidates who are planning on joining DNS, B.Sc. (Nautical Science) and B.Sc. (Oceanic Science) Degree course, shading vision should be (unaided 1.0 (6/6) in the dominant eye and 0.67 (6/9) in another eye. The Ishihara test chart shall test the typical Color vision of the candidate.
If there are candidates, who are joining B. Tech. (Marine Engineering) Degree course, the distance vision needs to be (unaided 0.5 (6/12) in each eye or 0.67 (6/9) in the dominant eye and 0.33 (6/18) in another eye. Ordinary distance vision shall be tested the by Ishihara test chart.