GITAM GAT 2018 is an entrance examination conducted annually by Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM). GAT (GITAM Admission Test) opens ways for candidates seeking admissions in undergraduate and post-graduate courses in the streams of technology and pharmacy. The campuses allotted after clearance of this exam will be Bengaluru, Vishakhapatnam and Hyderabad. Aspirants can find all the necessary details about the exam, pattern of exam, and any other query answered from here.
GITAM GAT 2018 Exam Date
The list of tentative exam date and other important dates of the examination and application procedure can be viewed from here.
Application form release
2nd week of November 2017
|Last date to submit the application||Last week of March 2018|
|Slot booking starts||2nd to 3rd week of April 2018|
|Hall ticket release||2nd week of April 2018 onwards|
|Exam date||3rd to last week of April 2018|
|Result declaration||1st week of May 2018|
|Counseling begins||After result announcement|
GITAM GAT Application Form 2018
Candidates need to fill an application form in order to appear for the exam. This form is a part of registration procedure therefore all the important points can be noted from here.
- Candidates can fill their forms via both online and offline mode.
- Candidates can get the applications from the selected branches of Union Bank of India, Indian Bank and Karur Vysya Bank.
- Applicants can also find their application through post by sending a request to Director-Admissions with a DD of required fee.
- Fill all the required details like personal, academic, address and many others.
- Upload the scanned imagesof photograph abiding the format.
- Payments can be made by offline and online mode.
- After filling the application, candidates have to send the application along with required documents to the address mentioned below:
Director – Admissions,
GITAM UNIVERSITY, Gandhi Nagar Campus,
Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam – 530 045,
Andhra Pradesh, INDIA
Candidates need to pay an initial fee called application fee to the university decided and fixed by the authorities. The payable amount will be:
- The application fee will be 600/-for female candidates and for male candidate it will be Rs. 1000/-.
- The fee payment can be made via debit/credit card or demand draft.
- The DD should be drawn from any scheduled bank made in favor of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam.
Applicants must be eligible for the course they are applying for. The eligibility criteria of the university is fixed and one must follow the criteria. One can check their eligibility by checking the entire criteria.
- Qualification:Candidates must have passed intermediate or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Subjects:Students should have Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry subjects.
- Aggregate: Students must have obtained minimum 60% marks in PCM.
- Qualification:Candidates must hold a BE/ B.Tech./AMIE in the relevant area of engineering.
- Percentage Criteria:Candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
GITAM GAT Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the examination will be:
Exam duration will be two hours only.
- Exam will be objective type (multiple choice questions).
- Plus 4 marks for B.Tech and plus 3 marks for M.Tech will be awarded for each correct response.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The exam will be organized in online mode.
Exam Pattern for GAT (UGTP):
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
Exam Pattern for GAT (PGT):
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
GITAM GAT Admit Card 2018
The admit card will be online available through the official website of university. Candidates can find their copy from there. All the candidates must carry their admit cards to the venue and no student will be entertained without their admit cards.
GITAM GAT Result
The GITAM GAT Result 2018 will be officially declared to students from the first week of May 2018. Candidates can check the result via online mode. A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the marks scored in the GAT exam as per the rule of reservation of UGC guidelines. After this declaration of result counseling session will begin, followed by allotment of seats.
GAT Counseling 2018
Admissions will be strictly made depending upon merit list. The counseling process will commence in the month of May 2018 and during this period only candidates can submit their preferences of colleges and courses. After this, candidates can find a college of their own choice.