Chhattisgarh Pre-engineering Test is a state-level entrance exam in which state government offers admission in engineering and other branches of engineering (Dairy Technology and Agriculture Engineering) in various institutions within the state. CG PET 2018 is organized by the Chhattisgarh Professional Education Board (CPEB). CPEB is also known as CG Vyapam. Other important details regarding exam dates, application form, result announcement, syllabus, etc. of CG PET 2018 are given below in this article:
TENTATIVE DATES OF CG PET 2018:
Candidate can check the tentative schedule of CG PET 2018 given below:
- Starting date of online application form 3rd week of March 2018
- Last date of online application form and pay the fee 1st week of April 2018
- Last date for issuing bank challan for offline payment mode 2nd week of April 2018
- Last date to submit the offline application fee 2nd week of April 2018
- Tentative exam date 4th week of April 2018
- Result announcement 3rd week of May 2018
- Counseling Start date in the month of June/July
CG PET 2018 Application Form
Instructions for application form are given as below:
- The application will be accepted through online mode only.
- The candidates have to submit their valid Aadhar no. /PAN card no./A/Cno./Driving Licence No. in an application form.
- Candidates have to upload the recent passport size photograph (3.5 cm breadth and 4.5 cm length), thumb impression and signature in JPEG format. The size of the file should be 50kb maximum and minimum of 40 kb.
- Once a candidate submits their data, no changes will be permitted in the application form.
- After successful completion of an application form, registration ID will be generated.
- Candidates have to remember to take print out of filling application for future reference.
CG PET 2018 Application Fee
- After submitting the online application, a candidate has to take a print out of challan.
- The challan can be deposited in any branch of the state bank of India or through online net banking in ICICI or SBI bank.
- The candidate should keep the copy of challan after depositing fee.
- Following details shows an amount of fee for various courses:
Category Application Fee
OBC Rs. 150/-
SC/ST/PH Rs. 100/-
Candidate should check the eligibility criteria for the application form of CG PET from given below:
- Candidates should be the citizen of India.
- Candidate should have the domicile certificate of Chhattisgarh.
Candidates must have qualified 12th or equivalent from Chhattisgarh or any other recognized board/university with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and one of the technical vocational subjects.
Candidate should obtain the minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC/PH category) in the senior secondary exam.
Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from Chhattisgarh board or equivalent recognized board/university.
The minimum age limit is 16 years as on 31st December of the admission year.
Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and English should be the compulsory subjects up class 12th.
Candidates should obtain the minimum of 50% marks in PCM & English (40% for ST/SC/OBC category).
Final year students are also eligible to apply and they must have to pass a qualifying exam before the counseling procedure.
Candidates who have passed/ are appearing 12th or equivalent from Chhattisgarh board or equivalent recognized board/university.
The minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year.
Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and English need to be the main subjects at senior seciondary level.
Candidates should obtain the minimum of 50% marks in PCM & English (40% for ST/SC/OBC category) in qualifying marks.
Final year students are also eligible to apply and they have to pass a qualifying exam before the counseling procedure.
CG PET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern will consider the following points:
- The exam will be organized in two shifts, i.e. morning shift and evening shift.
- Total 150 questions will be asked in the examination.
- The multiple-choice questions will be asked.
- One mark will be given for each correct answer. The question paper will be in English medium only.
- No negative marks for any question.
- Consider below pattern for question paper:
Subjects No. of question Total marks
Mathematics 50 50
Physics 50 50
Chemistry 50 50
Total 150 150
CG PET Syllabus
The syllabus of CG PET Syllabus will be provided by CPEB on the official website of CG PET and applicants have to cover Physics, Chemistry. Mathematics and English – subjects for preparation of Entrance test.
CG PET Seat Reservation
Categories Seat Reservation
CG PET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card details are given below:
- Admit card is mandatory to enter the examination hall.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the third week of April 2018 through an official website by entering registration ID.
- Candidates have to bring one photo ID proof in which the photo of the candidate is attached. Without ID, no candidate will allow entering the examination center.
CG PET 2018 Result
Candidates can get their result before 3rd week of May 2018. Applicants can download their score card from the official website of CG PET. Based on the candidates’ score, merit list will be generated for the counseling procedure.
CG PET 2018 Counseling
The counseling will be held in the month of June /July. Applicants have one suggestion to check regular newspaper and website for the notification of counseling. Merit list will be prepared based on the score secured by the candidates and admission will be allotted based on their merit list by Chhattisgarh exam conducting committee.
Documents required for verification:
- SSC mark sheet
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate(if applicable)
- Physically handicapped certificate (if required)
- Freedom fighter certificate (if required)
- Intermediate mark sheet
Check the official website of CG PET 2018 for more details.