TOEFL- Test of English as a Foreign Language is regarded as one of the most widely accepted English-Language Test in the whole world. More than 10,000 agencies, colleges and universities in more than 130 countries recognize the TOEFL. The test is most popular and the most effective choice for candidates willing to pursue their higher education/profession in any English-speaking country.
The TOEFL test assesses one’s skill and ability to understand and use the language English at higher level such as colleges and universities. It measures the aspiring candidates’ ability of how well they are able to combine their English listening, speaking, reading, writing and interpretation skills to perform tasks related to academics. Candidates belonging to non-English Speaking countries
The TOEFL test is an important part of the journey of a candidate belonging from a non-English speaking country who wishes to study abroad in an English-speaking environment. The program is also helpful in providing tools and guides to help candidates prepare for the test and improve their English-Speaking skills.
Application Form & Fees
Candidates can file their TOEFL 2018 application form through online mode, using their phone or through mail.
Through online mode
- Candidates should fill their details in the online application form such as their name, age and their educational qualification.
- Candidates should pay for the application form in online mode using Debit card, Credit card, or Net Banking.
- Candidates submitting TOEFL Application form using their phone should visit the ets.org/toefl/contact and find the Regional Registration Centre (RRC) contact number.
- Candidates should give all their details over phone such as spell their name etc.
- Candidates should make payment for the application form through debit/credit card.
- Candidates filing their application form through online mode need to download the application form from TOEFL official website.
- Candidates after downloading the application form they need to fill up all the details required.
- After filling up the application form appropriately, it needs to be sent through mail.
The TOEFL Application fee depends on the exam centres that the candidates choose for taking part in TOEFL. The TOEFL application is $170 for all the applicants. Applicants filing their application form after the last date of registration have to pay a late fee of $40.
To appear for the TOEFL 2018, candidates need to make sure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria laid down by the TOEFL.
- Candidates willing to pursue their higher studies in abroad in any English-speaking country are eligible for taking the TOEFL test.
- Candidates (students or workers) applying for visas in any English-speaking country are eligible for taking the TOEFL test.
The TOEFL test is a computer based and is conducted online. The time duration of the test is 4½ hours. The test will consist of four sections- Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing simultaneously.
|Sl. No||Sections||No. Of Questions||Content||Time Duration|
|1||Reading||35-36||Candidates have to answer questions from 3-4 passages||60-80 minutes|
|2||Listening||34-51||Candidates have to answer questions based on class discussions, lectures and conversations||60-90 minutes|
|3||Speaking||6||Candidates have to speak on any topic||20 minutes|
|4||Writing||2||Candidates have to write essays on given the topics||50 minutes|
|5||Reading||35-36||Candidates have to answer questions from 3-4 unseen passages||60-80 minutes|
|6||Listening||34-51||Candidates have to answer questions based on class discussions, lectures and other conversations.||60-90 minutes|
TOEFL issue admit cards to all the successfully registered candidates for the test. Candidates can download their Admit cards from the TOEFL official website. Candidates need to produce their admit cards for participating in the TOEFL test 2018.
TOEFL 2018 Preparation Tips
Some helpful preparation tips for TOEFL examination is given below:
- The aspiring candidates need to prepare for the TOEFL exam following the entrance examination syllabus.
- Candidates must prepare a suitable time-table dedicating appropriate time ensuring effective preparation for the exam.
- Candidates must follow their time table in order to divide time to cover up all sections.
- Aspirants must make sure that they exclude no part of the topic while preparing for the examination.
- All the study resources are available online or in the market.
- Candidates must practice previous year question papers. This will provide them with better knowledge about the exam pattern.
- Students must prepare themselves for the exam mentally as well as physically by taking sufficient rest and breaks from studying. This will help them stay calm and peaceful on the examination day.
The TOEFL results are released through online mode only. The Candidates’ performance is checked in each section of the test.