Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Junior Engineer (JE) exam to recruit deserving candidates in Junior Engineers Group B post in Central Government departments (Non-Gazetted in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Quality & Quantity Assurance). The selected candidates are recruited in departments like Central Public Works Department, Military Engineering Services, Central Water Commission and Department of Posts.
Newly recruited Junior Engineers are given the charge of any section of the mentioned organisations. He/she needs to look after the functioning of the particular section, like maintaining record of labourers’ daily work, plan making of the task for the next day, supervising all work etc.
The SSC selects candidates through two stages, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Successful candidates are called for Personal Interview after which they get recruited in different departments. SSC has laid down various criteria which a candidate must go through before applying for the examination.
The tentative dates for SSC JE 2018 are given below:
- Release of Official Notification: 14th October, 2017.
- Release of Online Application Form: 14th October, 2017.
- Final Date of Online Form Submission: 10th November, 2017.
- Final Date of Online Application Fee Payment: 10th November, 2017.
- Final Date of Offline Application Fee Payment: 19th November, 2017.
- Issue of Paper-I Admit Card: December 2017.
- Date of Paper-I Exam: January 2018.
- Declaration of result (Paper-I): February 2018.
- Date of Paper-II Exam: [-to be declared later-].
- Declaration of Result (Final): [-to be notified later-].
SSC will release online application form of SSC JE exam 2018 on 14th October, 2017. Aspiring candidates can apply until 10th November, 2017. Candidates have to submit their application form only in online mode. SSC does not accept any other mode for form submission. Applicants will have to fill the application form in two parts, Part I and Part II. After the completion of both the parts and payment of the application fee, the candidates can successfully register themselves for the examination.
Application fee for General & OBC candidates is Rs. 100/- while there is no provision for application fee payment for SC/ST/PWD candidates. The candidates paying for the application form can make both online and offline payment. Candidates paying through bank challan must take a printout of. Candidates paying in online mode needs complete both sides of the application form.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) lays down the following eligibility criteria which the candidates have to fulfil before applying for the SSC JE Exam.
- Nationality: Indian citizen, or subject of Nepal/Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who migrated into India before 1st January 1962 with a motive of permanently settling in India. A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma & East African countries like Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, the United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire & Ethiopia to become permanent resident of India.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have a diploma or a bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized university.
Age Limit: Candidates must be within 18-32 years of age as on 1st August, 2017.
The SSC has divided JE examination in two parts, Paper-1 and Paper-2. SSC lays down the following examination pattern for SSC JE 2018 examination:
|Question Type||Objective Type||Conventional Type|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-Based||Written|
|Subjects||·General Intelligence & Reasoning
· General Awareness
· PART A- General engineering (Civil & Structural); PART B- General Engineering (Electrical); PART C- General Engineering (Mechanical)
|PART A- General engineering (Civil & Structural);
PART B- General Engineering (Electrical);
PART C- General Engineering (Mechanical)
|Time Duration||2 hours (divided in Morning Shift: 10 AM-12 PM, Afternoon Shift: 2 PM-4PM)
Staff Selection Commission releases Admit Card for both parts almost two weeks prior to the examination gets commenced. Admit Card is released region wise and candidates can visit the official website of SSC to download their respective Admit cards. Candidates need to enter their Roll Number and Date of Birth to download their admit cards.
Successfully registered candidates must take a print put of their admit cards. No candidates without Admit card will be allowed to sit for the examination.