The RRB – Railway Recruitment Board conducts RRB NTPC exam for recruiting candidates in different non technical posts of Indian Railways. The RRB Non Technical Popular Categories consist of different posts like Station Master, Ticket Clerk, Ticket Collector etc. Aspiring Candidates, who wish to build their career in Indian Railway under NTPC, can appear for the RRB NTPC 2018 exam.
The RRB NTPC Conducts Exam for 9 Job Positions which are:
Traffic Apprentice who is a multi-skilled supervisor in the railway traffic branch trained for 2 years for Station Master/Traffic Controller/Guard etc posts.
Commercial Apprentice who is a multi-skilled supervisor in the railways commercial branch. For 2 years they get training for Chief Commercial/Goods/Parcel/Clerk/Inspector etc.
Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk who issues computer reserved tickets and is trained for 3 months.
Goods Guard who is an in-charge of goods trains.
Senior Clerk cum Typist who is in-charge of assigning work, instructing clerks, supervising and other daily jobs.
Junior Accounts Assistant Cum Typist who works in the Department of Finance and Accounts.
Assistant Station Master who is in-charge of the trains running from that particular station.
Traffic Assistant who is a multi skilled supervisor in the signals or traffic branch.
Senior Time Keeper who assists the movement of the trains and helps in the smooth functioning of the railways by keeping the record of time of the running of India Railways.
The RRB conducts NTPC exam mostly for the Group C posts. The recruitment process involves Typing Aptitude Test for some posts along with document verification and medical tests.
The tentative dates for Railway Recruitment Board Non Technical Popular Category Exams 2018 are given below:
Issue of Official Notification
Release of Application Form
Issue of Admit Card
Date of RRB NTPC exam
Availability of RRB NTPC result
Aspiring candidates must fill their application form and submit the same in online mode only. The candidates can visit the official website of Railway Recruitment Board for filing their application for RRB NTPC 2018 exam. The candidates have to fill in all the required details in the application form such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, educational qualification etc. After paying the specified application fee the candidate can take a printout of their application form. The candidates must pay the fee before the deadline mentioned by the examination authority.
The Railway Recruitment Board lays down the following eligibility criteria for the candidates appearing for the RRB NTPC exam 2018. Any candidate not satisfying the mentioned criteria won’t be eligible for sitting in the exam.
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The candidates must be in between 18-32 years of age.
- Reserved category candidates can avail age relaxation.
The exam is divided into two stages, 1st stage and the 2nd stage.
- The first stage RRB Exam is a computer based test of 90 minutes time duration. PWD(Person With Disabilities) candidates get 120 minutes for solving the paper.
- The total number of questions is 100 and the paper is of Multiple Choice Questions type.
- 1/3rd marks of total score gets deducted for every wrong response.
- RRB conducts the test in various English and various other Indian languages like Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Konkani, Odia, Manipuri, Assamese, and Malayalam & Urdu.
- The exam is conducted for 90 minutes time duration.
- The total number of questions is 120 and the paper is of Multiple Choice Questions type.
- Questions are asked from Arithmetic, General Awareness, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
Candidates can obtain their RRB NTPC 2018 Admit card by visiting their official website. Candidates have to log into their account to obtain their admit cards. Candidates who have successfully registered themselves by paying their application fee within the deadline will only be eligible for getting their respective admit cards. They have to produce their admit card at the examination hall or else candidates will not be eligible for sitting for the examination.
Candidates those who have appeared for the examination can check their results by visiting the official admission portal of RRB. To check their results candidates should login to their account and their check their result. The examination authority will notify the result date to the candidates after the release of its notification.