The RBI- Reserve Bank of India performs the role of general superintendent and controls India’s Banking System. The officers’ cadre is the operational backbone of RBI in the Monetary System of India.
A job at RBI is unlike any typical bank job as it makes one a part of the decision-making process which affects the banking industry in India. Every day in RBI is filled with challenges in terms of formulating policies and guidelines for Banks on varied issues like financial inclusion, KYC norms, Bank Deposits, Cash Reserve Ratios and Interest Rates.
The Grade B officers can join as Managers in RBI after they clear Grade B (Direct Recruitment) Exam. Grade ‘B’ officer is the only direct officer level entry into the Reserve Bank of India. When Grade B officer moves up their career ladder, they are appointed as Deputy Governors.
The tentative dates for the RBI Grade B exam 2018 are:
- Official Notification will be announced on May 2018.
- Availability of RBI Grade B Officer 2018 exam application form will be available on May 2018.
- Last date of submission of Application Form is May 2018.
- Deadline for fee payment is on May 2018.
- Date of release of Admit Card is May 2018.
- Date of RBI Grade B Phase I exam is June 2018.
- Date of announcement of Phase I exam is most probably June 2018.
- Date of release of Admit Card for RBI Grade B exam Phase II exam is June 2018.
- Date of Phase II exam is July 2018.
- Date of announcement result of Phase II exam is on July 2018.
- Date of RBI Grade B officer interview is August 2018.
- Date of announcement of final result is August 2018.
The application form of RBI Grade B will be available online on the official website of Reserve Bank of India. No other mode other than online mode will be accepted for filing the application form. Before filing the application form, candidates must ensure that they are satisfying the eligibility criteria as laid down by the RBI in their official notification.
Candidates have to scan their photograph and signature while filing their application. After the process has been completed candidates are required to pay in online mode only. The application fee for General & OBC candidates are ₹850/-, and for SC/ST/PwD/Ex-Service candidates are ₹100/-. Candidates can pay online using Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking/ Cash Cards etc.
Candidates should be Indian Citizen. However they can be a subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or should be of Indian Origin.
Candidates should have done their bachelor’s degree from any Recognized University with minimum of 60%. Moreover they must have passed their 10th and 12th Standard examination with no less than 60% marks for general candidates (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PwD categories).
The age of the candidate must be in between 21-30 years of age. Age limit relaxation will also be given to candidates from reserved categories.
Number of Attempts
General Candidates can apply for the examination for 6 times only. There will be no limit for Reserved Candidates up-to the age limit.
The RBI Grade B exam will be held in 2 phases- Phase I and Phase II followed by the Interview.
- Type of question: Objective type Questions.
- Examination Mode: Online mode.
- Total number of Question:
- Sections: 4 Sections comprising of General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning.
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Total Marks:
- Negative Marking: ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrongly attempted questions.
- Type of Questions: Objective and Descriptive type.
- Examination mode:
- Papers: 3 sections comprising of Paper 1 (Economics and Social Issues), Paper 2 (English Language), and Paper 3 (Finance & Management).
- Duration: 270 minutes.
- Total Marks:
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking.
Aspirants qualifying the Phase-2 exam will be further called for the interview round. The interview round will be held for 50 marks.
The RBI Officer Grade B 2018 will comprise of the following topics important of the Phase I and Phase II tests. The topic of finance and management covers the topics from financial markets, Financial System and some General Topics on Finance. The paper on English is to test the writing skills of the applicants. However, an economic and social issue covers the topic from Financial Markets, Financial System and some General topics on Finance. The paper on English is to test the Writing Skills of the applicant. However an Economic and Social issue covers topic on balance of payments, growth and development, economic reforms etc.
The Admit Card of RBI Officer Grade B 2018 for the online examinations will be made online at least 10 to 15 days before the examination. Candidates who successfully registered themselves for the RBI Officer Grade B 2018 examination can download their admit Card from the official portal of RBI. To download their admit Card, candidates will have to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth in the related box. The admit Card will be available in online mode only.
The RBI will announce the result in three halves: first for phase 1, second for phase 2 and at last after interview final result will be published. Candidates can check their results online by visiting the official website of RBI.