LIC – Life Insurance Corporation of India, a very well-known name of a Life Insurance Company of India, is the biggest name insurance company. LIC presently operates more than 3000 offices all over India, and with an estimated asset of ₹15,60,428 crores. It’s aim is to spread Life Insurance widely and in particular to the economically backward areas and classes, to provide them adequate financial cover against death at reasonable cost.
LIC AAO 2018 will be conducted for the post of Assistant Administrative Officer. It is an All India Level Open Examination, conducted in online mode and it is a central government job. The post of Assistant Administrative Officer is regarded as an essential position in the insurance sector.
LIC will be inviting applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of various LIC Administrative Officers (LIC AAO) vacancies in 2018. The aspiring candidates must submit their LIC AAO application form through official website, after going through AAO 2018 notification.
The tentative date for the LIC AAO Recruitment 2018 is given below:
|Release of Official Notification||December 2017|
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form||December 2017|
|Admit Card will be issued on||February 2018|
|Date of Entrance Examination||March 2018|
|Date of Release of Result||April/May 2018|
The interested candidates will have to register online on the official site of LIC. They will have to upload the scanned copy of their photograph and signature, followed by verification of the details.
Application Fees for General/OBC candidates ₹600. For SC/ST candidates ₹100. Payment can be made online only, through the official portal of LIC, i.e., www.licindia.in through Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/IMPS/Cash Cards.
The eligibility criteria for applying for the LIC AAO 2018 recruitment are given below:
- Candidates must have passed the Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a Recognized University.
- According to the LIC AAO recruitment criteria, the applying candidate must be between 21-30 years of age. Relaxation in age is applicable for all reserved candidates.
- Age relaxation for SC/ST candidates: 5 years
- Age relaxation for OBS Candidates: 3 years.
- Age relaxation for PwD Candidates (General) : 10.
- Age relaxation for PwD Candidates (OBC) : 13.
- Age relaxation for PwD Candidates (SC/ST): 15.
- Online test will be of objective type, multiple choices of 120 minutes or 2 hours duration.
- There will be a negative marking of ¼ marks from the total score for each wrongly attempted question.
|Section||Questions||Number of Questions||Marks|
|3||General Knowledge, Current Affairs||30||60|
|5||English Language with special emphasis on Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension||40||_|
The syllabus for the LIC AAO Recruitment Exam 2018 is given below:
- Number Series.
- Non-verbal Series.
- Number Ranking.
- Alphabet Series.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Blood Relation.
- Decision making.
- Mirror image.
- Clock and Calendar.
- Embedded figure.
- Number System.
- Decimal Fractions.
- Problem in Ages.
- Profit and Loss.
- Ratio and Proportions.
- Time and Work.
- Time and Distance.
- HCF and LCM.
- Mixtures and Allegation.
- Simple and Compound Interest.
- Data Interpretation.
- Subject-verb Agreement.
- Error Correction.
- Sentence rearrangement.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Unseen Passages.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- MS Office.
- MS Power point.
- MS Excel.
- MS Word.
- Computer Software and Hardware.
General Awareness/General Knowledge
- Current Affairs- National and International.
- Important Financial and Economic News.
- Budget and Five Year Plans.
- Awards and Honors.
- Important Days.
- Science- Inventions and Discoveries.
- International and National Organizations.
- Books and Authors.
- Countries and Capitals.
Admit Card and Result
Admit Card will be available online at the month of February 2018 in the official website of LIC and candidates are required to take a print-out of their admit cards. Candidates appearing for the examination need to produce the Admit Card in the examination hall.
LIC will declare the result for AAO Recruitment probably will be on April-May 2018 in its official website. Applicants who have appeared for the online examination must visit the website to view and download their result.
The candidates qualifying the Online Test will be further selected through a Personal interview and subsequent Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination before final recruitment for the post of LIC Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO).