Indian Army, along with other armed forces commit to defend the country from external forces, thus securing national interests. The Indian army is the largest among the armed defence forces of India and the Indian President as its Supreme Commander.
There is a requirement of young enthusiastic candidates in Indian army who can protect the pride of the country. Indian Army every year invites application from candidates for Indian Army UES- University Entry Scheme. Interested candidates must go through the below mentioned eligibility criteria, selection procedure and procedure for applying.
Following are the procedure for candidates to apply for Indian Army UES:
- Indian Army UES releases its online application form online on their official website.
- Candidates should visit joinindianarmy.nic.in to fill their online application form.
- No other mode other than online mode is acceptable for form fill up.
- Candidates should click on Officers Entry Apply/Login.
- Click on Registration.
- Candidates should fill in the registration form.
- After getting registered candidates should click on Apply online.
- On clicking Apply online a page named Officers Selection-Eligibility
- Candidates must go through the eligibility conditions.
- Click on
- Application Form page will open. After reading the instructions carefully click on Continue.
- Fill up the application form with the required information according to relevant documents.
- Before moving on to the next segment, candidates must click on Save & Continue.
- After filling up the form click on Submit Now.
- Click on PDF and take two copy print out of the application form with t5he system generated Roll number.
Candidates need to carry one copy of the application form with self attested photographs of the candidate. Along with it the candidate must carry self attested photocopy of Matriculation Certificate, 12th standard certificate and mark sheet, mark sheet of all semesters. Candidates appearing for their final year exam should a certificate from the principal of the institution stating the same. Candidates must also carry all the original documents along. The selection committee returns all the original documents back to the candidate after verification.
For more details visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Applying candidate must be of Indian national.
- He can be a subject of Nepal.
- He can be a subject of Bhutan.
- The candidate can be a Tibetan refuge who migrated to India before 01 January, 1962 with the motive of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma & East African countries like Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, the United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire & Ethiopia to become permanent resident of India.
- Candidates belonging to 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th category must have an Indian Government issued certificate.
Candidates from 18 years to 24 years of age on the first day of the course commencement are eligible. Candidates must keep in mind that their birth date should accord to their Matriculation certificate. No other document as age proof is accepted.
Candidates must be a graduate with any Engineering Course from any recognized university. Any candidates in his pre-final year can apply for Indian Army UES. In such a case the particular must possess the required qualification at the time of joining their training session. Any candidate failing to produce the required document at the time of joining the training session gets a time period of 12 weeks to provide the documents. The candidature of any candidate failing to produce the required degree within the given time period gets cancelled.
Applying candidates must have a good mental and physical health. Any disease or disability of the candidate holds them as ineligible. No toleration of bodily defects or under-weight by the selection board. A number of candidates gets rejected on physical grounds. So candidates must check for themselves to ensure that they are physically and mentally fit to apply for Indian Army UES.
Minimum height accepted for candidates- 157.5 cm with correlated weight.
Minimum height accepted for candidates from Gorkha and North eastern hilly regions, Nepalese, Assamese, Garhwal and Kumaon- 152.5 cm.
Minimum height accepted for candidates from Lakshwadeep- 155.5 cm.
Candidates’ minimum visual acuity is given here: Distant Vision (Corrected) better eye 6/6, worse eye 6/18, Myopia not more than -3.5 (includes Astigmation). Candidates undergone Radial Karatotomy stands permanently rejected. Candidates undergone Lasik Surgery is acceptable in some cases. The conditions are:
- Candidate above 20 years of age,
- Stable and uncomplicated Lasik procedure for Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for six month after the procedure
- Healthy retina.
For full details visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Body tattoo is not allowed. However in some cases candidates enjoy a concession in this case. Candidates belonging from tribal groups etc are eligible. For details on cases eligibility of general candidates with body tattoos, visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Candidates are advised to keep themselves on a daily exercise routine. This ensures their physical fitness and they stand a lesser chance of being rejected.
Candidates successfully registered go through a selection procedure consisting of 2 stages, Stage I and Stage II. Candidates successful in clearing Stage I go through Stage II. Candidates failing in Stage I are3 sent back home the same day. The SSB conducts the interview for 5 days period (day of arrival excluded).
Candidates clearing both Stage I and II and recommended by SSB undergo Medical Examination. Candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board should report for Appeal Medical Board for period of 42 days. Any candidate declared unfit by the AMB gets rejected.
The candidates are short listed based on Merit list. The selection board sets the cut off marks based on which candidates are short listed.