The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection of IBPS is an independent body in India known for its services to the Public Sector Banks of India. It started its Personnel Selection Services (PSS) in 1975, with a motive of enhancing Human Resource through assessment and selection of Personnel’s. IBPS is envisioned as self-governed academic and research oriented Institute.
Every year IBPS announces an invitation to apply for the posts of Clerical Staffs, Probationary Officers, Senior Officers in nationalized Banks and RRBs.
Role of Senior Officer
The post of Specialist Officer is different from the post of Probationary Officer and they undertake separate tasks. The various roles of SO are:
Information Technology Officer:
- An IT Officer provides end to end support for Bank’s core banking system.
- Responsible for management of various sub-systems like ATM, Kiosks, Mobile Banking and Internet Banking., Networking.
- To develop new software’s or modifying the existing software of Bank.
- An IT officer is also responsible for looking after the Bank Network Security and Anti-Virus Update keeping in mind the increase in cybercrime.
In short, an IT officer looks after the technological perspectives of Banking Operations.
Agricultural Field Officer:
- An Agricultural Field Officer is required to promote Bank’s loan products among farmers.
- An AFO meets and maintains good relations with farmers and thereby generating Leads.
- They conduct a pre-loan sanction inspection
- They are to ensure proper recovery of loan and get acknowledgement of the debt.
- Law officer deals with the documentations work of a Bank, by checking the sanctions imposed by the bank and ensuring all the relevant documents have been executed.
- In case of any litigation, lawyers guided by the Law Officer represent the bank.
HR/ Personal Officer:
- The HR officer is responsible for the training and introduction of new employees, circulation of appraisal forms, form leave schedules, creation of salary accounts etc.
- An experienced HR officer is required to conduct recruitment interviews, plan employee promotion, and other critical human resource related activities.
- They also manage industrial relations, performance and promotion policy.
- A Marketing Officer takes care of all the marketing and promotional activities in a given state/region or nationwide.
- Marketing team conceptualizes and design advertisements, promoting the Bank’s activities.
- Marketing officer develops various marketing plans and strategies which gives throttle to the sales and profits.
- Marketing officer co-ordinates with advertisement agencies in order to establish various forms of communication with the mass.
- Marketing officer searches for new products and services that the bank can provide to its customers.
Different IBPS SO Participating Banks
The banks that are the members of IBPS so are:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bank of Baroda
- Corporation Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Canada Bank
- Dena Bank
- Overseas Bank of India
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Indian Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Vijay Bank
- Release of online application form will be on Second week of November 2017.
- Last date of Registration will be on First week of December 2017.
- Release of Admit Card for written exam will be on Second Week of December 2018.
- Written Exam will be held on Last week of January.
- Release of Admit Card for Interview will be on Last week of February.
- Interview will be conducted on March 2018.
- Should be an Indian Citizen and if not other limitations mentioned by the IBPS exam eligibility criteria.
- Age limit as in 1.11.2017, candidate should be in between the age of 20-30 years. Candidate must not have born before 2.11.1987 and after 1.11.1997.
- Educational Qualification for different posts under SO as mentioned by IBPS SO eligibility criteria.
Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
The exam will be held in two steps. First step comprising of Written Examination in online mode consisting of Objective Type questions of 200 marks. Second step comprises of an Interview of 100 marks.
- Will consist of 200 question of Total Marks 200.
- Paper will be bilingual, i.e. both In Hindi and English.
- Paper will have 4 sections.
- For Law officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari there will be 4 sections of English language, Reasoning, General Awareness and Professional Knowledge.
- For IT officer, Agriculture officer, Marketing officer and HR officer there will be 4 sections of English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Professional Knowledge.
- There will be negative marking of 1/4th marks for every wrong answer.
- All the candidates qualifying in the written exam will be called for an Interview. There are 100 marks allotted for Interview.
IBPS Admit Card and Result
- IBPS SO admits card and Result will be available at the official website of IBPS.
- Applicants without an admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- All names of the applicants qualifying in the Main exams and eligible for the Interview will be shown in the result.