ISI 2018 Exam Date
Candidates are advised to constantly check the important dates of examination just to keep ourselves updated. One can find here all the important and tentative dates of ISI Entrance Exam 2018:
|Release of notification||January 2018|
|Release of Application form||2nd week of February 2018|
|Online application submission last date||2nd week of March 2018|
|Application fee payment starts from||2nd week of February 2018|
|Last date for fee payment||3rd week of March 2018|
|Release of Admit card||1 or 2 weeks before the examination|
|Exam date||2nd week of May 2018|
|Result declared||June 2018|
ISI Application Form 2018
To get themselves registered for the entrance exam, candidates need to fill an application form. The basic norms of the application form are:
- ISI Registration 2018 or filling of admit forms will begin from the second week of February 2018.
- The application form will be available via online mode only. Candidates can fill the form through website.
- Candidates must enter their details in the application form carefully.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the appropriate format.
- Candidates can make the fee payment/ application fee through both online and offline mode.
Each candidate is eligible to pay an application fee to the board to get their registrations successfully done. This amount is internally decided by the board and is thereby compulsory to be paid.
- The application fee will be Rs. 700/- for general and all candidates of JRF programmes (irrespective of reserved categories.)
- ST, ST, OBC & Differently Abled applicants are required to pay Rs.350/- as an application fee.
- Students can make fee payment through net banking, debit/credit card or Bank Challan of SBI bank.
There are some points that fix the eligibility of any candidate to appear for the examination. Here one can find the eligibility criteria for various courses offered by ISI:
|B.Stat (Hons)/B.Math (Hons)||Qualification: Passed 12th or equivalent
Subjects: Mathematics & English
|M.Math||Qualification: 3yr Bachelor degree in Mathematics/ BE,B.Tech with mathematics/ B.Stat from ISI|
|M.Tech (CS)||Qualification: Master degree in Mathematics/Statistics/IT/Physics/ Computer Science/Computer Applications/ Electronic Science orBE/B.Tech or equivalent|
|M.Tech (QRQO)||Qualification: Master degree in Statistics/ Master degree in Maths with Probability and Statistics/ BE/B.Tech or equivalent Subjects: Must have passing marks in Chemistry & Physics at 12th level/ Mathematics at graduation level|
Qualification: 3yr Bachelor degree in Maths, Eco, Stats & Physics / B.Stat from ISI/ B.E or B.Tech
|MS (QMS)||Qualification: 3yr Bachelor Degree in Mathematics/ B.E or B.Tech|
ISI Exam Pattern
The ISI exam follows a trend and its section and weightage is pre decided to attain uniformity in exam.
- The examination will be conducted in two sections, i.e. Section-1 and Section-2.
- There will be MCQ and descriptive questions asked in the examination.
- The exam duration will be two hours for each section.
- The detailed exam pattern is mentioned here:
|Course||Forenoon (10:30 to 12:30)||Afternoon (14:00 to 16:00)|
|Subject||Test Type||Subject||Test Type|
|M.Tech (CS)||Mathematics||MCQ||Math/Phys/Stat/Engi/Tech/Comp Science||Descriptive|
ISI Syllabus 2018
To give fair chance to each candidate the board adopts transparency policy this is why the syllabus of the exam is fixed. Some points of ISI 2018 exam syllabus are:
- The questions asked will be of undergraduate or below (10+2) level.
- For B.Stat & B.Math, syllabus will have topics from Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus & Geometry.
- For M.Stats, questions will be asked from Mathematics & Statistics & Probability subjects.
- Students should prepare according to syllabus to score good marks in the examination.