Pondicherry University Exam Dates
The university has declared some exam dates in advance so that candidates can prepare FOR the big day accordingly. Though, below mentioned dates are not final and can be changed by higher authorities of university if required.
|Application Form Availability||1st week of April 2018|
|Last date to fill the application form||1st week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Issued||3rd week of May 2018|
|Date of Entrance Exam||Last week of May 2018|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June 2018|
Pondicherry University 2018 Application Form
The application form for 2018 entrance exam will be available from 1st week of April 2018. Students, who are looking forward to attempting for the exam, can find other information below:
- Candidates will have to fill & submit the application form till 1st week Of May 2018 via online method only.
- There will be no common entrance test as candidates have to fill separate form for each course.
- Candidates should take care of all the details provided in the application form as one wrong information can simply lead to cancellation of form.
- Candidates must have valid credentials to fill the form i.e. email id & mobile number.
- Candidates must carry scanned photograph of theirs while filling up the form online. The passport size photograph should not larger than 60 Kb size.
- For the Defence Personnel, candidates have to submit the printout of the filled application form via post to the address given below:
The Assistant Registrar (Academic-Admissions)
R.V. Nagar, Kalapet, Pondicherry-605014
The authorities of university have decided a fixed amount of Rs. 250 (for general category) & Rs. 125 (for SC/ST category) for each course. Whereas NRI & Overseas students have to pay amount 1000 as application fee. Candidates can pay the application fee via both online & offline modes. As per the current declarations, application fee will be exempted for differently abled students.
Eligibility Criteria for 2018 Exams
Pondicherry University has given proper criteria for each course. Candidates must have to eligible for appearing in the entrance exam. Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria for PG, Ph. D, Integrated and PG Diploma programmes:
- Candidates must have to qualify 12th exams with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized board.
- Candidates must carry Bachelor’s degree of any discipline from a reputed university.
- Candidates must secure at least 50% marks in their respective degree.
- For some specific courses, minimum marks are 55%.
PG Diploma Course:
- In order to appear in the exam, candidates must have their master degree with minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university under 10+2+3 systems.
Ph. D Courses:
- Candidates must study under 10+2+3 pattern (or 10+2+5) & completed their master’s degree with at least 55% marks from any recognized university.
Pondicherry University Exam Pattern
The university has set proper pattern for each exam. In order to excel in entrance test, candidates must know the same. The question paper will consist of 100 questions which students have to complete within two hours. The exam will be computer based test and only have multiple choice questions. The exam paper will be of 400 marks in total. Candidates will be rewarded with 4 marks whenever attempt right answer and one mark will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
Pondicherry University Syllabus
Candidates are advised to study according to the syllabus given by Pondicherry University. As the syllabus is different for each course, candidates also need to prepare wisely. Complete syllabus will be provided in the brochure of University. So candidates can guide themselves accordingly. Also, candidates are advised to check the official website of university time-to-time.
Seat Reservation for 2018 Entrance Exams
Candidates should also keep in mind seat reservation schemes declared by the university itself. Below mentioned is the revised reservation allotments for each category:
|Schedule Castes (SC)||15%|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Person with Disability||3%|
|Candidates from the Union Territory of Puducherry||25%|