Karnataka post graduate entrance test is an annual exam conducted by The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) each year to provide students with the opportunities to build their career and get admissions into the first year for full-time and pa
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Important Dates
Find below all associated dates of Karnataka PGCET 2018:
- Availability of application forms: One can apply for the exam by filling the application form, forms will be out in the month of July 2018 and the deadline for filing the form is expectedto be in the month of July 2018 itself.
- Availability of admit cards: One can download their admit cards from the official site of the university in the month of August 2018.
- Examination date: The tentative date for the exam is August 2018.
- Result announcement: The results of the exam will be declaredin the month of August 2018 and the counseling session for the same will begin from September 2018.
- Eligibility criteria: Any candidate must fulfill the following requirements in order toappear for the exam:
- Student must be a domicile of Karnataka state.
- Candidates having a valid GATE score need not appear in the exam, however, they will still have to apply separately for the admission separately.
The application fee for the examination is pre decided by the university and this amount should be paid through offline mode only.
- The Application fee is 650 for general category student
- The Application fee is 500 for SC/ST candidates
Eligibility Criteria for a Particular Subject:
- Eligibility for MCA: Candidates, who are undergraduate or its equivalent exam with securing minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates) in the qualifying exam, are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Eligibility for MCA (Lateral Entry): Candidate must have completed their BCA or B.Sc degree (IT/Computer Science) from a renowned institution with obtaining minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates).
- Eligibility for MBA: Candidates should have completed their undergraduate degree from a recognized university. They should have obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks in QE in for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- Eligibility Conditions for M.Tech/ME/M.Arch: Candidates should hold Graduation or its equivalent degree from a well-known university along with obtaining minimum 50% marks (45% for QE for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates). Along with that, they should hold the genuine GATE score card.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in an offline mode/ Pen-Paper Based.
- Type of Question: The question will be of (Objective) Multiple Choice type where there will be a set of answers out of which only correct answer should be marked.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English language only.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 2½ hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination for each course.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given to the candidate for the correct answer in MBA exam. In MCA & ME/M.Tech/M.Arch, for PART I one mark & for PART II two marks will be allotted for the correct response.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the examination.