The tentative dates for SSC JE 2018 are given below:
- Release of Official Notification: 14th October, 2017.
- Release of Online Application Form: 14th October, 2017.
- Final Date of Online Form Submission: 10th November, 2017.
- Final Date of Online Application Fee Payment: 10th November, 2017.
- Final Date of Offline Application Fee Payment: 19th November, 2017.
- Issue of Paper-I Admit Card: December 2017.
- Date of Paper-I Exam: January 2018.
- Declaration of result (Paper-I): February 2018.
- Date of Paper-II Exam: [-to be declared later-].
- Declaration of Result (Final): [-to be notified later-].
SSC will release online application form of SSC JE exam 2018 on 14th October, 2017. Aspiring candidates can apply until 10th November, 2017. Candidates have to submit their application form only in online mode. SSC does not accept any other mode for form submission. Applicants will have to fill the application form in two parts, Part I and Part II. After the completion of both the parts and payment of the application fee, the candidates can successfully register themselves for the examination.
Application fee for General & OBC candidates is Rs. 100/- while there is no provision for application fee payment for SC/ST/PWD candidates. The candidates paying for the application form can make both online and offline payment. Candidates paying through bank challan must take a printout of. Candidates paying in online mode needs complete both sides of the application form.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) lays down the following eligibility criteria which the candidates have to fulfil before applying for the SSC JE Exam.
- Nationality: Indian citizen, or subject of Nepal/Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who migrated into India before 1st January 1962 with a motive of permanently settling in India. A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma & East African countries like Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, the United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire & Ethiopia to become permanent resident of India.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have a diploma or a bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized university.
Age Limit: Candidates must be within 18-32 years of age as on 1st August, 2017.
The SSC has divided JE examination in two parts, Paper-1 and Paper-2. SSC lays down the following examination pattern for SSC JE 2018 examination:
|Question Type||Objective Type||Conventional Type|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-Based||Written|
|Subjects||·General Intelligence & Reasoning
· General Awareness
· PART A- General engineering (Civil & Structural); PART B- General Engineering (Electrical); PART C- General Engineering (Mechanical)
|PART A- General engineering (Civil & Structural);
PART B- General Engineering (Electrical);
PART C- General Engineering (Mechanical)
|Time Duration||2 hours (divided in Morning Shift: 10 AM-12 PM, Afternoon Shift: 2 PM-4PM)
The tentative dates for the SSC CGL exams are given below:
- Online registration commencement: February 2018.
- Final date of application submission: Mid of April 2018.
- SSC CGL tier-1 Admit card release date: May 2018.
- Date of SSC CGL tier-1 exam: May-June 2018.
- SSC CGL result announcement date: August 2018.
- SSC CGL Tier-2 Admit card release date: August 2018.
- SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam date: September 2018.
- SSC CGL Tier-2 Result announcement: October 2018.
- SSC CGL Tier-3 examination date: November 2018.
- Date of Computer skill test: December 2018 or January 2019.
The forms for SSC CGL 2018 exams will be available from March 2018. Candidates must visit the official website http://ssconline2.gov.in or http://sscregistration.nic.in and fill the required details in their application form. After filing the application form the candidates must take a printout of the duly filed application form.
The SSC CGL lays down the following eligibility criteria which the candidates are bound to follow.
The candidates must own a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university. Additional qualification requirement will be notified by the by the Staff Selection Commission as soon as the official notification arrives.
The Staff Selection Commission has notified the upper age limit as 30 years and lower age limit as 20 years. The previous age criteria were 18-27 years.
The basic requirement for appearing in SSC exam is that the candidates must be Indians.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The SSC exam pattern and syllabus changes every year. The 2018 exam pattern is also changed. The candidates must go through the changed exam pattern for all the 3 tiers. The changed exam pattern and syllabus for Tier-1, Tier-2 and Tier-3 is given below:
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Pattern
In Tier-1 phase there are 100 questions with 200 total marks. The 100 questions are further divided into 4 sections, and each section has 25 questions. For each correct answer the candidates score 2 marks, and for each incorrect attempt candidates score a negative marking of 0.5 marks.
|Exam sections||No. Of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL 2-Tier Exam Pattern
Candidates those who qualify the 1-Tier exam can appear for this phase. It is an online Mode examination in which candidates have to answer 3 papers. The third paper is optional for everyone except candidates applying for Statistical Investigator/Junior statistical Officer Post. Paper-1 is on English, Paper-2 is on Quantitative Abilities while Paper-3 is on Statistical Methods.
For English paper each correct answer scores 1 positive mark, while each negative answer deducts 0.25 from the total score. For Quantitative Abilities each correct answer has 2 marks and incorrect answers have a negative marking of 0.50. Same is the marking scheme for Statistical methods.
|Paper||Total no. Questions||Marks|
|Total Time||2 hours for each paper|
SSC CGL 3-Tier Exam Pattern
The candidates successfully qualifying the 2-Tier exam can appear for 3-Tier exam. This Tier checks the candidates’ writing skills. The candidates have to answer descriptive paper in either English/Hindi. The paper consists of passages or essays of 250 words or application writing of 150 words.
|Paper type||Descriptive Paper|
|Time Duration||1 Hour|
SSC CGL 4-Tier Exam Pattern
Candidates clearing the I, II, III are eligible for appearing for tier IV e4xam. The exam is simple from the previous tiers. Candidates in this phase have to clear Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and then the candidate will pass the SSC CGL exam. Candidates have to type 8000 words in one hour or 2000 words in 15 minutes. This test is conducted to test the data entry speed test of the candidates.