19th December 2017 would be a crucial date for the aspirants of BITSAT as the BITSAT 2018 Application Form will be available from the mentioned date. Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani conducts this university level exam across the nation. BITSAT can be attempted online only and offers admission to all the courses run by BITS and its partner campuses. Engineering, science and pharmacy are the major streams of the courses wherein aspirants get admission after qualifying BITSAT. All the details such as application form, eligibility, important dates, etc. about BITSAT 2018.
BITSAT Important Dates
Tentative exam dates of BITSAT 2018 are given here:
|Application Form release||19th December 2018|
|Last date to apply for BITSAT exam||1st week of March 2018|
|Editing in the application form||2nd week of March 2018|
|Exam centre allotment||2nd week of March 2018|
|Slot booking||3rd week of March to 2nd week of April 2018|
|Hall ticket release||3rd week of April to Last week of April 2018|
|Exam date||3rd week of May to Last week of May 2018|
|Apply for admission||2nd week of May to Last week of June 2018|
|Admit list & wait list release||1st week of July 2018|
BITSAT Application Form 2018
Main steps to BITSAT application procedure are:
- BITSAT application form can be filled online only.
- BITSAT 2018 Application Form will be provided on the website from 19th December 2017.
- Name, Gender, DOB, E mail, etc. should be rechecked before final submission of the form.
- After registration fill other details like 12th exam, basic details, test centre preference, etc.
- Fee can be deposited via both means- online & offline mode.
- Keep the printout of the application confirmation for further use.
- Rs. 1700/- will be charged as application fee from male candidates of all categories, whereas for female candidates, Rs. 2200/- are payable as application fee.
- The various modes of fee payment including credit or debit card, net banking and cash payment at ICICI Bank are available.
- If a student chooses Dubai as an exam centre, then he/she will have to pay US $ 50.
The BITSAT 2018 eligibility criteria are:
- Qualification Eligibility (except B.Pharma): Students must have qualified senior secondary or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics, Chemistry as major subjects.
- Qualification Eligibility for B.Pharma: Students must have qualified senior secondary or equivalent exam from any recognized board with Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics, Chemistry as major subjects.
- Appearing Candidates: Students who have either qualified 12th exams in 2017 or appearing in 2018 are eligible to apply.
- Percentage Criteria: In the senior secondary, candidates must have scored 75% marks in PCB/PCM group.
BITSAT Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Duration: The duration will be 180 minutes (without break).
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted online.
- Type of Question: The question paper will carry MCQs.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be credited for each right answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- Number of Question: Total 150 questions will be there in the paper.
|Section||Subject||No. of Question|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
NCERT syllabus of 11th & 12th standard is the key to success in this exam. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning will be the main subjects of the paper. Have a look at the detailed BITSAT syllabus here:
Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, etc.
Complex numbers, The fundamental theorem of algebra, Theory of Quadratic equations, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, Logarithms and their properties, Exponential series, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem, Pascal’s triangle, etc.
States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electro chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, etc.
Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Analogies, Syllogisms, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Conclusion, Composition, Comprehension, Word Formation, etc.
Diversity in Living World, Cell – The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function – Plants, Structure and Function – Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, etc.
Binary Logic, Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal Reasoning, Analogy, Puzzle Test, Syllogism, Classification Test, Alphabet Test, Eligibility Test, etc.
BITSAT Admit Card 2018
BITSAT 2018 Admit Card details are as followed:
- The admit card can be downloaded through online mode only.
- Candidates, who have successfully registered, will be able to download the admit card through the website.
- Without admit card, candidates will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
- The details like candidate’s name, exam date & timing, exam venue, etc. can be fetched through admit card.
BITSAT Result 2018
Let’s have a look of the important points about BITSAT 2018 Result:
- The result will be announced online only through official website.
- Candidates can find their results just by entering their roll number in the right field.
- Two merit lists shall be issued on the basis of result.
- One individual merit list will be prepared for B.Pharma course and one for other courses.
BITSAT Counselling 2018
BITSAT Counselling 2018 has been divided into different phases:
- Seats allotment will be done as per the preferences marked by the students in the application form.
- Final admission list will be released after completing the seat allotment process.
- Students should not miss out to report at the allotted college with all the relevant documents and fee to secure their admission.
All the best to all the aspirants! You can raise your query in the comment section; our experts will get back to you asap.